Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DIY: chalkboard mason jars

When planning my birthday soiree I knew that I wanted to serve drinks in mason jars but I couldn't decide how I wanted to differentiate the jars. I thought about putting flags on the straws with each guests' name but then I was searching around on etsy and found these chalkboard label stickers that I thought would be perfect for the jars! After I washed the jars and cleaned them off I started to put the stickers on...but they didn't exactly stick to the jars like I had wanted. Luckily I had picked up some chalkboard paint for another project and figured since it was multi-surface I could probably paint the jars. It worked perfectly!! They are so cute and each jar's rectangle is a little different to give the collection an eclectic look. All it took was a paint brush, some chalkboard paint (I love Martha Stewart's), and mason jars. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment