Saturday, May 4, 2013

Weekend Picks: Derby Days

I wish I could be in Louisville at Churchill Downs today for the Kentucky Derby but since I can't I thought it was only fitting for this week's Weekend Picks to be inspired by the Derby.
1) Whenever I think of the Kentucky Derby I think of big hats. Now I know some women go all out with linen, satin, and intricate hats but I prefer the sunhat. I love the look of a neutral colored sunhat with a big bright monogram on it (surprise surprise). Just like the hats that Marley Lilly made for Southern Weddings Magazine's article.
2)The drink of the Derby: the mint julep
3)The history behind the Derby is so interesting and they have so many traditions such as the garland of roses, the twin spires, etc.
4)First off I absolutely love Vineyard Vines t-shirts. Secondly this Derby shirt is the perfect way to remember this year's race.
May the best horse win!

No comments:

Post a Comment