Monday, August 19, 2013

The Essentials {summer edition}



While summer (for most students at least) is wrapping up we technically still have almost a month left, according to the calendar. I love all four seasons for different reasons but summer is probably my number 1. I don't know if it's because I can wear all of my favorite Lilly patterns, the long sunny days, or because I don't have as much work to do but I do know that I adore summer. I rounded up my essentials for summer which include a lightweight tinted moisturizer, my favorite sandals, and of course plenty of monogrammed items.
1. My first essential has to be a good pair of sandals. Jack Rogers have been my go to sandals this summer. I've managed to collect three pairs just in the last 5 months. They are so versatile and I have a feeling i'll be wearing the Platinum ones above well into September and October.
2. The second essential is a good card holder. My Tory Burch cardholder is an item that I carry around with me daily. I love being able to just grab it when I'm on the go and have everything I need in it. It comfortably fits 5-10 cards and I can even squeeze a little bit of cash into it.
3. During all four seasons summer you can usually find me with my hair tossed up into a ponytail accompanied by a Mane Message hair tie. They have an amazing array of colors and patterns and really are quite inexpensive compared to many of my local boutiques. I love them...plain and simple.
4. A seasonal phone case is also a necessity. My monogrammed striped case is from Plum Street Prints, it looks great and surprisingly protects my phone pretty well! The only issue I have with the case is that it is super tough to get off.
5. I'm addicted to Burt's Bees. There is no way around it. I have about 5 next to my bed and 3-4 others scattered about my handbags and house. While Burt's isn't necessarily subjected to just summer I felt it was essential enough to include.
6. Bright nail polish is a must for summer. OPI's Cajun Shrimp is definitely my favorite end of summer color. It's bright enough for summer but the orange/red color is perfect to roll into fall.
7. I like to keep things light and fresh in summer and a tinted moisturizer is the perfect light-weight cover-up. True liquid foundation is way to heavy for 85+ degree weather so most of the time I slap on some Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and head out the door. It's the perfect amount of coverage, plus it has 20 SPF which makes it even better!
8. Last but not least: my monogram necklace. While this is another item I wear all year round I wear it a ton in the summer. It's so perfect to go with Lilly dresses/skirts or with a simple Polo tee and chinos. A girl can never have too many monograms, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment